Please note that due to liability concerns, the Translations Unit does not provide editing or proofreading services for documents that were translated outside of the Translations Unit.
Google Translator Toolkit helps translators translate better and more quickly through one shared, innovative translation technology.
Here's what you can do with Google Translator Toolkit:
• Upload Word documents, OpenOffice, RTF, HTML, text, Wikipedia articles and knols.
• Use previous human translations and machine translation to 'pretranslate' your uploaded documents.
• Use our simple WYSIWYG editor to improve the pretranslation.
• Invite others (by email) to edit or view your translations.
• Edit documents online with whomever you choose.
• Download documents to your desktop in their native formats --- Word, OpenOffice, RTF or HTML.
• Publish your Wikipedia and knol translations back to Wikipedia or Knol.
How is this different from Google Translate? Google Translate provides ‘automatic translations’ produced purely by technology, without intervention from human translators. In contrast, Google Translator Toolkit allows human translators to work faster and more accurately, aided by technologies like Google Translate.
You need a Google Account to use Google Translator Toolkit.
A Google Account gives you access to many Google services, including Google Translator Toolkit and if you have a Gmail account, you can use your Gmail username and password to sign in to your Google Account. If you don't yet have a Google Account, you can create one:
Deleting your Google Account:
If you delete your Google Account, you'll no longer have access to Google Translator Toolkit. All translation memories and glossaries owned by that account will continue to be available to collaborators. Owners of any shared translation memories or glossaries may therefore want to reassign ownership prior to deleting an account. If you want to remove collaborators' access to your translation memories and glossaries, remove them from Google Translator Toolkit prior to deleting your Google Account.